Monday, October 13, 2008

Time for something different

Okay, so mostly when I blog on here I talk about politics. I talk a lot about politics. I don't know about y'all, but that gets a little depressing and scary sometimes. So, today I'm going to just talk about the new novel I'm attempting to write. Yes, I'm trying to write a book. I know...I know. That's scary and depressing on a whole other level.  Still, I'm a writer. I have to write. It's in my genes. Might as well try to get paid for it, right?

Well, it's been a blast. I've written a general outline. I've written several chapter outlines. I've actually begun writing words in the first chapter! And I like the character! Frank - that's his name, Frank Brannen -  is a farmer who is about to have his world turned upside down. The story is set in my home county and it has everything I love about a good book. It's got guns, attempted murder, a mystery, and a redhead! Redheads, in case you didn't know, completely rock. Blondes are nice and brunettes are fun, but redheads make me want to walk. Yes, I know that was a bad joke in completely poor taste. It's also one of my favorites. I'm odd like that.

Anyway, like I said it's been a blast. I had to come on and post about it because I have wanted to write this story, or one similar to it, since 2003 and have only recently gotten off my butt and got to work. I'll have more updates about the story as time permits. And most likely more politics. Maybe even some philosophy. Fall always makes me do weird things. Wait until Spring, though. That's when things really get strange.

No comments: